Getting the butt moving

The boy has a problem.
He has not been able to move his butt in the morning.
He has to move his butt in the morning to catch the bus and go to school.
He has to be out the door at a certain time every day or he will miss the bus.
Missing the bus means walking to school.
It is not a far walk to school, but I am then designated the "Worst Mother on the Planet" when I tell him to "Get Hoofing, you need to walk."
How could anyone be so cruel?

It is timing. Aspies are famous for not keeping track of time. The boy is very unhappy with me when I am "rushing him" but the constant reminders in the AM are part of the deal.
I think a couple more days of walking to school and he will be out the door to catch the bus on time.

I am all over his butt with a lot of things. He has to be able to function in a 9-5 society. Unfortunately, as the cuter half says, "Society isn't going to accept these kids any more. The kids have to learn to function in society and then they can do their autism thing at home." It isn't pretty or nice, but it is very succinct. Last night proved his point. I was at a "Transition Night" and the college rep told us the kids need to be able to self identify and ask for help when they need it. I hear my son can do that but the question is "Can he really or is the school just telling us what we want to hear so we shut up and leave them a lone."

It is a big question....and now I need to get my butt moving and start my day....

Popular Posts