This breaks my heart

I know, everyone is talking about that "Mom" that returned that little boy to Russia, alone. It is tragic and heartbreaking. As John Kass had said, "And there's no Child Store open for returns and exchanges". A child, a young boy, having lived in an institution in Russia, with pretty serious issues, and she lasted a couple months? GIVE ME A BREAK. Kids are a lifetime gig, whether they are disabled or not. You got 'em, you love 'em and do what you have to do to make it work.

Our son is a challenge on a bad day and a loving affectionate child the next. He tells me daily that he misses me when he goes to school and loves me because he KNOWS I am there for him, his Dad is there for him and we love him even when he is a little berk. We help him and work with him and try our best to understand him and work through the problems. That woman in TN didn't even give it a good shot, she had probably several problems and BAM, "I am done he is bad, he is not worth it". What a pathetic way to live. There is no fullfillment in that. She has to live with that decision for the rest of her life, the woman that returned her kid. Hope she is ready for it....even on the hardest days, I wouldn't let anyone take my boy from me. He is MY BOY, or my husband would say he is HIS boy.

I heard about this little boy when the story first broke. My husband and I stared at each other open mouthed in horror. My first inclination was, "Send the boy to me, I will take him; he sounds like a classic case of autism and needs a triple dose of therapy to boot. Bring it on, we have done this before."

How dare she take a child from his homeland, adopt him, play Mommy for a couple weeks and return him! IT is appalling, horrible and beyond belief. I swear if this faux parent ever tries to write a book, talk before Congress or do anything with self promotion...I will be there protesting on this faster than you can spit nickels.

Now that I got that out, aren't you glad my vent is over? HUG YOUR KIDS and tell them you love them no matter what!

Popular Posts