"hit them hard fast and under the belt"

Nice huh?
I thought that one up myself. Even Googled it to make sure no one else had it... it is an original.

How I thought of it? Well, I am not so proud of that one. It was in description of someone else. Definitely not flattering. And not the way i was brought up. I really was brought up better than that. However, there are times when a thought like that one does take over. There are people who are just really totally unkind, unhelpful, wastes of skin, flesh or whatever. Maybe this is why I don't fight with them; I try my best to walk away from issues and interpersonal problems aka drama (unless it is my husband, son or I). Most of the time, it just isn't worth the fight... and ends up making a pretty decent blog topic. I can even get sarcastic, no one complains about it... it is great stuff baby. Oh, if anyone does complain, as my son would have said, "Talk to the hand."

Really what it comes down to, there is so much in the just day to day living with a child on the Autism spectrum, merely the thought of dealing with a family of users, or people who are so one sided you can see thru them is something we will avoid. My husband is more tolerant than I am, although this week he did ask me to look into mission trips to Timbucktu for this family that is giving us grief. I think he was kidding.

Our son has had a decent week, the state testing was a total drag, but over all volunteering, helping, calling for a ride home. It all worked...kind of like the A Team, "I love it when a plan comes together."



I don't know what the next days will bring. I will be frank and say I found a temp job. It sounds OK. Basic research stuff, and another adjustment. I will be working again...albeit temporarily. Just how the market is right now. My son is looking forward to it. He thinks it will be cool for me be back at work, and he can come home slug out and watch more garbage TV than he needs to. Too bad Jamie Oliver isn't going over TV shows, I would bet that he would be making a mess of the game night line up.

Tonight there was a show about Spike Lee and how he found his roots.  I wonder if people looked for their roots maybe learning from their families pasts would change things. Dr Suess onece said, “Out there things can happen, and frequently do, to people as brainy, and footsy as you. And when things start to happen,
don’t worry. Don’t Stew. Just go right along. You’ll start happening too.” —Oh, the Places You’ll Go!

Our kids will go too btw. We need to stay consistent and have faith and KNOW. Easy huh?

Comments

Popular Posts