Foot in Mouth disease

Foot-and-mouth disease or hoof-and-mouth disease (Aphtae epizooticae) is an infectious and sometimes fatal viral disease that affects cloven-hoofed animals, including domestic and wild bovids. The virus causes a high fever for two or three days, followed by blisters inside the mouth and on the feet that may rupture and cause lameness.
Foot-and-mouth disease is a severe plague for animal farming, since it is highly infectious and can be spread by infected animals through aerosols, through contact with contaminated farming equipment, vehicles, clothing or feed, and by domestic and wild predators.[1] Its containment demands considerable efforts in vaccination, strict monitoring, trade restrictions and quarantines, and occasionally the elimination of millions of animals.

_______________________________________________________________________________
Foot in mouth disease also can occur with humans. When you may ask? I will tell you, as I am an expert in opening my big mouth and insterting my foot WAYYYY in.
Recently, a dear friend posted something that I shared on FB. I shared it because it wrought me so badly and it really was something to think about.
Essentially, somone in our situation (A parent of a child on the autism spectrum) was asked by a member of their church WHY they went to church and how they could since it was obvious that their child and family were hated by God and seen as an abomination.

SAY WHAT?

Seriously, someone really had the audacity to be "called by God" to say something in inadvertantly cruel and unkind to another family of a child with a disability. It blows my little mind to pieces.
I will say that I did tell people that I am afraid to go to church. Our prior experiences has made me rather gun shy. I am scared about becoming attached and I feel I am safer if I keep away and go when the cuter half makes me. It's sad, as I have said before, church and family was where I thought we were safe. Now I know we are only safe with "some" family and maybe my cousin's church (I wish it weren't so far away)

Going back to earlier in the blog; reading about someone thinking that these Autism spectrum kids are an abomination? Please.

SO kids, today we are gonna learn about that big word: abomination.
Abomination is defined:
1. anything abominable; anything greatly disliked or abhorred.
2. intense aversion or loathing; detestation.
3. a vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit, etc.
 
Practical uses:
The abomination in todays example, is the fact that this sanctimonious hag-person thinks it is acceptable to say something cruel, un-Christian and mean-spirited to the family with the kid on the spectrum.

The abomination in todays example, is the fact that there are "callings by God" and there are "callings by the devil" and knowing the difference between the two. Usually if it is hurtful and done in spite or ignorance it is a calling by the devil. Generally speaking if you are hurting the person and they are caring for their child or family member do this, "SHUT THE _____ UP and don't say or do anything that could be viewed as offensive."

The abomination in todays example, is the ignorance that is not necessarily forgiveable. I have always thought that ignorance is a solvable offence. Although those who ARE ignorant usually delight in being so and making the enlightened correction is totally not going to happen.

So what does abomination mean to the Mom of the kid on the spectrum? At this point the Mom is wondering why she gave dip____ her cell phone number. Then she is questioning her sanity and then she is desirous of telling this sanctimonious slimeball where to go. Wait, it is likely he is already there, and just doesn't know it yet. Whoops.

Oh wait, that's me several summers ago when some old slimy geezer kept calling the boy by the wrong name (on purpose to piss me off). OOPS. Sorry, wrong scenario.

See even the best intentions can get the better of anyone. We all revert to past painful experiences when we are hurt.....

Our kids, or at least mine and the other ones I know well are marvelous kids. They are sweet, funny, laughs alot (one of the boy's friends has my most favorite laugh in the world....right from the gut it is beautiful), smarter than smart and REALLY good people. THe boy will have NOTHING to do with smutty TV...as he puts it, "That is just too inappropriate for me.I will have to go watch something else now."

Like the word abomination; foot in mouth disease in humans is a big problem. My thought is: if you are gonna insert your foot in your mouth you had better do it right and at least take off your shoes first.


Oh, and don't tell that kid on the spectrum's Mom the kid is an abomination. It's pretty likely the parent will wish a malediction on you (or at least I would anyway).




Comments

Popular Posts