It's a good time for appreciating what we have

Although it is REALLY early for Thanksgiving....

I think today's post should be about what I am thankful for - no reason why I chose today. It is more circumstantial than anything else. I just thought that right now I should be happy and thankful for some of the stuff I have going on.

10 things/people/situations you’re thankful for:

  1. The machines that make my house run: dishwasher, clothes washer, dryer, fridge, computer, cell phones- customized ring tones....I always know who it is by the song that is playing...
  2. Bluetooth in the car and Sirius radio- I LOVE 80's on 8.
  3. electronic books- porta-reads save me from mental monotony.
  4. Having backup so I don't have to run to the store more than once a week (or month)
  5. The Church of the 3 Tabbies; without whom I would not arise early on Sundays to make it to a real church. Brother Bert, Deacon Trouble and Little Garfield make a joyful noise almost every day to awaken me for their breakfast.
  6. My cousins, friends and family (in-laws and see #7) for keeping me real, sane and making me laugh every day.
  7. My bro and sis-in-law- all the time.
  8. My Mom for trying new things like the boy's potato leek soup and for being willing to hang out at and go to ice cream socials.
  9. The boy for being smart, brave and willing to try.....sometimes it is harder for him than anyone realizes.
  10. The cuter half who has tolerated my goofy collections, my makeup (and hair coloring) mishaps and my clothing errors....but still loves me anyway!

Maybe, to gain perspective you readers should make your own lists...and own orders therein. This is mine.....the cuter half may make his differently and the boy would make his WAY different....the kitties...well we KNOW what they want.

Listing things out sometimes can give perspective, and make us think about the direction or directions we may be headed.....kind of like a mental organizer....check it out. See what it does for you.

Comments

Popular Posts