Don't touch the driver.

I mentioned this on FB today.

There are more details to the story, but the essence is that "the boy was in the car with me and was annoyed by a comment I made about only getting exactly what we reserved at the library and tried to make a grab at the steering wheel. We turned around and I brought him home. It will be a LONG time before I take him out anywhere alone. I am royally p-o'd."

When he was about 5 I stopped going anywhere alone with him. The boy refused to listen to me and it was not only dangerous it was outright scary if I took him anyplace without his leash set or alone. I know, what kind of horrible mother puts her kid on a leash. A mother that is concerned about a kid who will runs safety; that's who. My parents thought the leash was dreadful. Until the day they needed it and the boy was running after his Grandma and pulling his Grandpa along like a little sled dog....After that they decided that maybe I knew what I was talking about.
There were very few people that would go out with me and the boy when he was little. The cuter half was one of them....and very few others. I was wary about taking the boy anywhere and tonight's experience has brought me back full circle.....he has plenty of shoes and feet to walk....he can walk his sorry butt wherever he needs to go.

For today, these boots are made for walkin' and that's just what he'll do........
As I have told people, he is walkin'. I am not going to be the taxi service nor will I take him where he needs to go. God gave him feet and the boy will be using them. I absolutely refuse to get in a car with him again (or at least any time soon). It is going to be a LONG HOT summer and walking to the school to catch the bus and walking home....well it is going to be a lot of walking.

Ironically, tonight, this all started because he had a history project; find the inaccuracies in a historical movie. I had suggested a movie that I had seen before (Sinking of the Bismarck) and I knew that no one stateside had heard of....it is not one of the more common WW2 movies so I knew it would be available at the library.
The boy did not concur- he wanted to watch Forrest Gump (since when is that historical?). In fact, he was so pissed he decided that I didn't know what I was talking about because I am only a girl and girls don't know anything (set me off right there peewee).
The best part is, ALL the movies listed have been checked out. The boy didn't have a leg to stand on and I was able to grab the movie I recommended. We will be hard pressed to find inaccuracies, but I am pretty certain they are in there somewhere....all historical war movies have them in order to make the flow better.....it happens.

I mean, come on, I was a history major. I have watched more obscure war movies and propoganda than your average person and I have more details and more stuff on aspects of the war that my Daddy was a part of.

The basics of my topic tonight is a couple of things. I am pissed because the boy was being scary. I am angry because I thought we were gonna hit a tree and I am mad because HOW DARE HE TREAT ME LIKE THAT. Who does he think he is anyway? I gave birth to him and I am not putting up with crap like that. I am so mad I could spit.

He is gonna find out who he is....and cleaning litter boxes and walking his sorry butt to wherever he needs to go is going to make a MAJOR change in his cushy little life. The new refrain of "Call your dad for a ride home" is going to go over well too. The cute one will tell him to walk and don't forget your key.

The monosyllables the boy's Mom is giving him this evening is a new experience for him too. I have not given him a full sentence since I turned around and brought him back home.



Comments

Popular Posts