Can you see it?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/01/health/mental-health/autism-asperger-diagnoses-profile/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

From the article-
"Sheppard speaks passionately about autism and the need for more support. And in bolstering his arguments, he's exceptionally thorough. For our first conversation, he had prepared a stack of dozens of peer-reviewed articles about autism to back up the facts that he planned to mention, so I wouldn't have to take his word for it.


In March, we corresponded by e-mail, partly for efficiency, and partly because I quickly realized how well Sheppard expresses himself in writing, and that he had a lot to say in response to simple questions. And while a single article could not contain most of his copious reflections that flooded my inbox, he maintained a certain self-consciousness and humor about it. He titled one e-mail thread with the subject, "Could the man with autism I am interviewing be sending yet more long e-mails?""



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I wish they, kids and person's with Autism, could all be as eloquent. It is devastating to watch my son frustrate himself with his inability to explain and I have to stay out of it and watch. I can't react. I have to keep it shut and together.
We don't get aides to manage our lives. My son has to learn how to do it on his own. I only intervene when it is impossible not to.....and even then it is debateable what is happening and what isn't. My past interventions have been necessary....but as he becomes an adult the boy has to take time out to get it out on his own.

Comments

Popular Posts