Don't cry for me

Have you ever wondered about the musical "Evita"? I mean really wondered and I am NOT talking about the Madonna version. ALthough I am sure that version is fine and well done, it does have Madonna in it and, well that is just freaky. That and the picture of Madonna with a shirt that looks like she came from a burn center makes me wonder what she could have done to herself this time.

Anyway, this is not where I was planning on going... "Evita" is a story of a very strong woman. She may not have been moral, nor upright nor faithful (she was narcissistic and a meglomaniac). But she was strong and used to getting her way. I am strong too, but not used to getting my way.

My son is strong willed and a poopy pain in the neck. That works doesn't it? No really, he is a good kid, but when he shows up from school and is a slug and crabby it doesn't make me want to be in the same room with him. Seriously, when he is bear-like when he gets home all I want to do is lie down and take a nap. His pysch tells me that when I do that it is my reaction to the negative verbiage I am getting from my kid (sounds impressive, does it not?).

Because of these reactions we have come up wiht a fabo game plan. I am not being facetious or sarcastic: we start work at 4. Any work, all work and we stay away from each other until he calms down and I am able to function. There are times when MY functioning involves coffee. For some reason having full flight java at 4PM wakes me up and helps me cope with "Mr. Happy". Unfortunately, I am out of orange cappucino. (Joe, say it ain't so) aand because of that I am making do with a french vanilla want-to-be that just isn't cutting it for me. I have tried adding the Starbucks instant to it and, nope, the french vanilla is just not that great...maybe i have had too much and need a MAJOR flavor adjustment. Who knew?

The other thing (gripe) I have today is the ever present economy. I am tired of being broke, my friends are tired of being broke (and of my being broke). Our savings are almost gone (OK lets pretend that the loot is kaput, flown the coop). The temp service I tried at isn't placing people like me (we are "special"), and when I think I may have a decent job interview it never comes through. I am waiting for Mr. Obama's change (didn't the "CHANGE" happen several years back? Did I miss it?). Although the way I am understanding it the change is only for his friends and family. Since that may be the case, if anyone is willing to adopt me into his friends and family package so I can get a job; let me know...the waiting is blowing our savings out of the water.

"Don't Cry for Me Argentina"

Popular Posts