I asked him to use soap.

All I did was ask him to use soap. That was it. You would have thought I had asked him to do something terrible.
I sent him BACK to the showers and told him he had to use soap to clean his smelly hair. He got mad at me for making him do it and standing in the shower and watching him wash his hair. The worst of it is; I NEVER had to do that when he was 6. At the age of 6 the boy was self reliant enough to wash his hair, clean himself, and use soap. Now for some reason he thinks that being stinky is OK and soap is a horrible thing for humans to use.
To say I am frustrated is putting it mildly.

I will admit that I have repeatedly taken away the video games. It is to the point whrere it is almost a joke. we let him play, he behaves like a jerk, he stops washing himself, he looses the video games. Simple. The shouting, the almost violent behavior and the bad temper today was enough for me. I have had enough of this garbage. The loss of the video games is almost permanent now. There are days when he has pushed me to my limits, and today he claims he was going to push me, I reacted defensively and he is now mad at me because of a scrape. Don't try to "push" your Mom and you won't have these problems young man.


When the boy is gone on his camp trip I may try to take the game systems out of his bedroom if his Dad will let me. I have forbidden any video game playing for him indefinitely...which sounds like I am being mean, but really it is better for him in the long run. They are over stimulating, quasi violent... and he wonders why I wouldn't get him a World of Warcraft subscription or allow it on the computer- after a day like today with him all I can say is DUH!
 
I know the "studies" don't indicate there is a connection between the video game usage and behavior problems. There are people who think that illegal drug trafficing is OK too.... Neither option work for me. I know what I know, and I know my son behaves better, will take a shower with soap and be a nicer person when he DOESN'T play the computer or video games. Right now he is lucky to be where he is; in bed. He could have lost his bed and ended up on the floor, which if the behavior and the attitudes don't stop that is where he will end up.
 
GRRR- video games!

Popular Posts