Unable to watch reality

we were attempting to watch Mary, Queen of Scots tonight. I got as far as the whipping of the guy by Queen Mary's Council. Then I was done.

Reality is fine as long as you do not live it every day. I think living with the boy gives us plenty of reality and there is no reason for more "reality" in movies/ I just can't sit through it the cute one can disassociate himself and watch. I just can't. Watching pain like that in a movie is just more than I can bear.

Maybe it is stress, or just not able to sit through banal acting and fake accents. I am not sure but it just was enough.

The reality of living with the boy is a lot. I  am finding that if I take some extra time, play a board game - the only one I will suffer through is Monopoly (I kick his butt - I am Mom-Mogul)- and it seems to settle him down. He and I are now making plans for 1 day off  a week to do what he asks me to do and complete it. I kind of decided that if I can keep him calmer maybe the job hunt will become easier for him and he will find something that may possibly work out for him. That and he stops nagging me constantly as he is feeling that someone is regarding him and paying attention to him and not blowing him off,

we have so much on our plate in the coming weeks. it is just a lot of meetings and such and really I don't want to do any of it. It seems like I  have spent a good part of my life giving up to others and doing a hell of a lot of things that I frankly do not want to do but end up doing anyway.
In the long run I won't have regrets but I will have a pretty damn late start on doing what I would like to do and that goes for the cuter half as well. He pretty much feels the same way I do. We are asked to do a lot of things that no one else gets asked to do and then if we do not do it or the way someone wants both of us get slammed.

Usually that is why we cut people off. We have enough to do and don't need more problems.


Doing what is right or doing what is easy. Sometimes it is the same and sometimes it is different/ It is very difficult to determine what is going to go which way for you.



Comments

Popular Posts