Salt and Vinegar

Today didn't work exactly as planned.

Obviously I am blogging earlier in the day than normal....I have time now so why not do it.
Anyway I came home and, didn't/haven't felt great. I was talking to the boy and guess what? the dishwasher was leaking soap.
A lot of soap.
All over the floor....I asked the boy what he did and he tells me that he used Dawn dish soap in the dishwasher.
WTF.
Seriously?
The first thing that ran through my head was, "Since when did you run through the stupid forest and hit every tree twice."
Then - "Well look it up online and see what YOU can do to fix it." Yes this was HIS job - and he fixed it....naturally he didn't want to get stuck having to pay for it.
If he breaks it he pays - we don't.

After some searching he went to wiki-how and found a post that showed how to clear out soap from a dishwasher... he needed a bucket, vinegar, salt and two cups - one for scooping and one for vinegar.

After 4 rinses - it finally came clean....the floor is spotless (nice side effect) and the dishwasher is CLEAN.....

So what did he learn today- do not use anything that doesn't say "DISHWASHER" in the dishwasher. dish soap is for the sink.

Frankly, I am annoyed because he had more sense when he was six than he does now.
BUT he did clean it up and did fix the problem...after I yelled at him....which is probably not the best way to handle it....the boy has done dishes since he was 8 and this is the first time he has done this.
I think cartoons have melted his brain and I am downing the wifi tomorrow AM.....then I am going to find time to reprogram that TV and see if we can ditch cartoon network.......





 

Comments

Popular Posts