Life w/out doors

One of the rooms in our house has no door.

It is currently in the hallway. We have moved the door to the hall several times over the years. It just needs to be there right now.
We are finding that most agnst for the house comes from door slamming. This door has been slammed more than once recently. We are finding that our son's perception of why closing a door with excessive force is just not cool. He swears he didn't slam it, but maybe being on the receiving end makes things a little different for us.
Although some would blame this on Aspergers, it isn't. Our son is more typical than one would expect in this area. He was trying to "prove his point." Well his "point" ended up in the hallway in front of the bathroom door....we have a full length view of ourselves as we leave the bathroom now...at least we can check to make certain zips are zipped and buttons are buttoned.
Frankly, this is more uncomfortable for the man of the house and I than the boy.The boy doesn't mind it much....or at least that is what the parents of the house are perceiving. Doorless; it is noiser. We hear the TV in his room, and the texting and the "I wanna check my FB" Stuff like that. Which isn't bad but there are times when wishing for the "sound of silence" would be a lovely thing.

On that note, I think there is a reason I don't listen to music as much anymore. It isn't that I don't like it, but I think there is so much commotion in our daily life, there are times when silence is really comforting. Maybe we all need MORE silence3 and less of the "wake me up before you go-go".

I wonder if there is another window I can shut, since the door is still standing in the hallway....it is a thought.

Popular Posts