Making changes.... a blogger newbie

I finally changed the theme of the blog.
The look is different and you know what- lets focus on the pretty kitty that kind of looks like Mr Berticus. He is really a pretty boy kitty.

I have struggled this year with a number of things. Just basics... recently cute one and I have been ill. We picked up a bad sinus and bronchial infection and I am finally feeling better but the cute one is only on week 2 and he still feels like crap.

It is time like this we wish the aspie in our house would get what we have so he can know how it feels to be ill. Our illness is a gross inconvenience for him so we have been told. I think he needs to realize we are inconvenienced too. Getting sick like this is no Sunday School picnic and watching his general self absorption is really kind of nauseating.

We are doing another craft show coming up soon. Frankly I think it is a waste of our time but I have agreed to go along with it to hopefully get rid of some more stuff in the house.

Nonetheless we are working with the boy to get him together like he was before in HS. He has totally lost his self confidence and has become happy with his mediocrity. He seems to enjoy playing the disability card and not being his 100% that we have insisted on all these years. The cute one and I are tired of forcing it and frankly if he wants to be disabled and be in that god-damned box that is fine with us.

Limiting disabled people is a horrible thing to watch and we see it daily and it makes me madder than hell. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much to do about it. I had a discussion with a job coach the other day and you know what? that was a waste of my breath and energy.
Kind of like telling people that my son is a great kid - no one believes it nor do they listen so why bother saying anything (god my sibling would be happy with that one).

So when I am feeling down in the dumps I go to my favorite songs.
I really could care less if you don't like my choices but I am enjoying these songs and I hope that maybe you might too. If not then don't listen


















Comments

Popular Posts