Our Princess' Birthday

It is our Princess' birthday today.
The boy and I went by this AM with doughnuts and some books for her to look at. I think she enjoyed it and I hope she likes the balloons and announcements all over the place too.

We have more plans for her in a week or so but in the mean time we will be enjoying her fun with the new balloons, the new silk flowers and the seasonal decorations.

When I was going to her church quite a while back, a pastor gave me a book about helping your parents as they get older. I still have the book somewhere and I have gone back to it several times just to see if I am alone in my thoughts or if I am distracted by living on the edge w aspergers.

Lately it seems like it is just as it should be. Princess usually says, "Whatever will be will be."
She is right.

Things are what they are, people are what they are and we just have to accept that they will do as they will. It goes the same with us though too... we get the right to do as we will and the rest will come to be what it is.

I think this could go back to the family line thing.
Usually youngest/onlies are people pleasers (2 youngests here); we just want everyone to be happy and we will break ourselves in two to make it happen. The cute one and I have decided not to do that any more. We are trying really hard to do the right thing but to also not loose ourselves in the process. Which means we now have new decisions to make and not have to worry about what others think of our choices.

Seriously, why think others care about our choices? We  are rarely asked an opinion and when we are asked we are disregarded because we are the youngest and don't know anything (believe that and you are dumber than a box of rocks). So we do what we do and that is all good. It just takes us a while (lol) since we are pretty busy people.

Moving forward, I am happy to say that the cute one and I are in a place where we are marking time, happy to be together and just be.

I am lucky I still have my Princess and I am so glad she is having a great day today - her balloons are all over and we are going to spoil her more which is a good thing for all involved.






Comments

Popular Posts