He said WHAT?

The boy asked again if I could help with some downloads. He saw me at the computer and being the Aspie that he is; it is obviously the perfect time to ask me to do this download. 
What he is asking me to do takes several hours of steady work. This is not a typical download thingy-doodle. This is a project that is not done in a short amount of time.

As per usual the cute one and I give up a lot for other people. We are regularly doing things for others with really no thought of how 1) we don't really want to or 2) we think we should because it is the right thing to do. 

The cute one stopped by with the Troubs. Troubs is a delicate little flower kitty that could squish your Chihuahua like  a freaking bug. He doesn't realize he is a big kitty. The thing is the boy doesn't realize he is big too. Not like BIG big but bigger than the average person. 

Ok and I was reading this thing tonight- 13 things to make your kids successful. There was not one thing about compassion or empathy in these 13 things. So what does that mean? Hey I can be successful but I am going to kick your ass from here to eternity and beyond? Or HEY I can humiliate the disabled person I work with because I am a manipulative _______ with no self esteem......

I find that more liberals are less accepting of an aspie who wants to be outside of the box they have labeled him with than those who think that he can do it. 
Lately I have little patience with liberals and hippies. I believe that people can literally do anything they think they can do. I believe that we are here for a reason and it isn't just to waste time going to some stupid march (If you go to one you go to all and should be supportive- end of story). Figuring out what we are supposed to be doing is a totally different deal though. I don't think that we are supposed to be deciding what is right for other people. Truthfully, I have only a few people in my life that I allow to tell me what to do. I mean few.....I had too many years of hiding and following a crowd that I didn't care to follow and didn't want to deal with. After those years I kind of ended up being pretty darn independent. Hey and any college student with 80's magenta hair....well lets just thank goodness there are no pictures (that I know of anyway).

After talking to an old friend I realized that I have no effing clue what I should be doing right now. I have kind of figured out that I am where I am supposed to be (work and life) but I have yet to figure out the whys and wherefores. In the Bible there is a passage in Ruth,  "And Ruth said: “Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee; for whither thou goest, I will go, and where thou lodgest, I will lodge. Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God." I think that most people think Ruth was kind of a wuss....following Naomi then going off and marrying again. I think that making a bigger decision means that the smaller details with eventually take care of themselves. I have always thought Ruth was really rather wise....and I remember hearing a pastor say that we had to choose what we wanted at a young age - I used to ask for wisdom. Now I ask for a nap -KIDDING.

I also think that figuring out the details is what is coming next. We want to do any number of things....take a trip, plan our lives with out IEPs and doctor appointments and constant stress of dealing with schools. 
Life with an Aspie out of school is different. We just don't know what the hell to do with him. We hope he is capable...but then we are not sure he is going to do what he needs to do regularly. Paying rent, bills, taking a shower, brushing his teeth. I tell people he was more dependable at age six than he is now. which I know is not fair to those who think millennials do no wrong. But frankly I am not going to watch him come back and live in my damn basement either, I have expectations of him - but those expectations have changed. I now expect him to get a job. Doing what? Don't care but he cannot leave one job unless he has another job with a start date and time set up. 

I will admit the boy is working. I won't say where but he does have a job and works regular hours with a typical schedule. He did it on his own. Found the job, applied, went to the interview, and keeps track of his schedule.  It might not be rocket science but it appears he is working at the highest level he can at this time and although I wish for more for him I have to accept what he is able to do.









Here is one for a friend of mine..... and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic. I just felt like listening to it.




















Comments

Popular Posts