Do you remember…… Part #2

 I remember this one episode, incident, action, as a small one. 

Prior to that, I was informed on several occasions that I was a conniving malicious brat.  I probably was; no not probably, I was a brat.  


Anyway, I had these records and I played them constantly (Im thinking that I did). I remember my sibling being outside with me.  I was going to through a record for the sibling to catch.  She didn’t.  I cried when the record was broken.  Not because it broke; I was told at the time that I can’t trust people.  I took it to mean I couldn’t trust my sibling.  Not being able to trust a sibling was a big thing at 3-4 years old   

Another event happened years later where my sibling was going to tell that my son gave me a bloody nose (I’d already told relevant parties). Knowing I was embarrassed and sad about the situation didn’t matter to the sibling.  However,  having something to control me to force me into their preferred behavior did take precedence   

I reverted back to my broken record days.  I can’t trust my sibling.  


It’s taken me years to write about this; many, many years   Still hurts tremendously   



Finally, over many years, lesson learned.  Trusting a sibling is bad news.  Don’t fall for the friendly act; it will lead you down a path destined for failure.   

Comments

Popular Posts