House pets

 I’ve had a number of house pets in my life.  My parents were dog and cat people so many times we had both.  

I was thinking of the longevity of my cats

The first one was Sunshine I think I was age 5 when I got her.  She passed when I was in my 20’s I slept w her every night   She was my best friend put up w me but loved me anyway  I did a huge painting of her in college based on a picture my brother took   I still have the painting; the cute one doesn’t like it very much 

Then China - my Mom’s cat.  She was about 20. She was cranky.  I used to pick her up and sing to her.   

Then Bert - he was about 6 when we adopted him and was 23 when he passed  Bert was part dog and could catch mousies mid air while doing back flips   He walked on his leash, wore his coat and was our wild boy  he also  loved green beans 

Then Trouble - he was 16   We adopted him as a kitten   Troubs was my compatriot- he sat w me when I couldn’t sleep, liked Greek yogurt and we held hands in the morning when I had my coffee   I miss my kitty friend a lot   He’d sit on my lap 2x a year; going up to the cabin and going home from the cabin  

We still have Garfield-Kitten he’s 16.  Still rambunctious and spoilt - he’s the only baby of the house now. 


 The cute one says we can’t have any more.  It’s too hard when they are gone. Maybe it is.  But each one has a special place just their size in my heart. 

Comments

Popular Posts