Not sure what is better......

We have been doing a lot lately.
Yes I am still looking for something to keep me busy, and yes I stay up too late at night to get everything done (laundry, et al) and yes I am living vicariously through other people who look a hell of a lot more interesting than I am.

On Sundays we have our routines....and one of them is the cuter half and the boy having their "male bonding time" while watching television and taking over the family room. I am not a TV hound...I have a hard time sitting there, in the dark, doing nothing.....the boys don't want the lights on. So there goes the working on something while I am bored out of my mind watching some bizarre program about zombies, vampires and reality television.

Normally, Sunday evenings are the time that I go off and read books, blog, or waste time. The waste of time is the bad thing. I don't like it but I really want to get to level 20... I am too embarrassed to tell you what cell phone game it is....very pathetic....

The boy is reading his textbooks. He was really trying hard in classes and it is a real stretch for him. Stretching is good.....but sometimes I wonder if he is trying to hard or not hard enough. I am still not sure..... it is so easy to fall into the fallacy that my son can't do it. We are so wrapped up in his needs that most of ours go drastically by the wayside.

The cuter half and I are still trying to cut out time for ourselves...

I really am not sure how other people do it. We have little or no time to go out with each other. We are constantly on the go....whether it is me interviewing (I have only had a few but the media says the economy is better....it's better if I am truck driver), doing laundry, feeding the cats their new diet (grain free kibble)....or whatever. It seems like we just never can get away to do what we need to do for ourselves.

It is what it is so I am not complaining- just stating the facts.

I wonder if we are pushing the boy to hard. I have been thinking we have been for a while. However his recent decision to alter his major....well he did that one on his own. We were blindsided, but now we are seeing that maybe he made the right choice. I really do not believe he made the right choice. I get why he did it- I had similar reasoning when I changed my major it college. Frankly I was pretty sympathetic to him when he did it but I really had a lot of qualms about it at the time.

I think that we are not just disappointed we are so sad that society is so prejudiced against disabled people like our son. the belief that they are no better than dirt is beyond my comprehension, Our son was recently told to apply as a janitor as that would be the only job he would ever qualify for because he has had experience as one. He was crushed - he has been there and done that and doesn't want to do it any more. he has had enough of it. He had hoped it was time for something new.

Some of the best people I know are janitors. My Daddy used to tell me, "Be especially nice to the security guards, janitors and any service people because they know EVERYTHING that is going on and are especially good at figuring out who is going where." He was right. EVERY single job I have ever had, the security guards and the janitors knew everything that was happening in that building. How do I know this - I was nice to them and they told me.

So what does this all mean? People are full of shit? Well, yes maybe they are and well if that is what they need to do then that is what is good for them.

Comments

Popular Posts