Did you catch it? We did.

There is a new virus going around.
the boy brought it home to share with us and both the cuter one and I got it. The boy and cute one are pretty much over it.
Not me.

I have not gotten "Go to the doc sick" in probably 2 years. Since we left for London. I have not been sick, not even a sniffle... and I am now flat on my back sick with the good antibiotics and feel like someone dropped Troubles on my head.

The weird thing is that the boy is seemingly OK. We aren't sure how classes are going. He tells us fine - we aren't sure how to take some of his comments....although one prof this year about had me blowing my stack.....and the cute one and I have learned to let go. There are no traditional supports for a higher functioning student like ours; well there is note-taking and that seems to be about it. with note-taking you can tell the compassion function in most classrooms with certain students is just not there. Maybe it is that these people don't wish others to think they are friends with the boy. Or maybe he is just being big dumb and dopey....either is possible and I have no clue which it could be.


We have been so ill around here I could not tell you when the boy's assignments are due or what he needs to work on next.
I am too sick to really care and frankly it is time for him to start running the bases. That and he really HAS to graduate soon. I really can't handle any more boy+school=stressed out boy.

Oddly enough there are parents who get all excited that their kids are coming home from school and are living with them. We aren't those parents. Our plan is to get the boy to move out on his own in his own place.....yup. He has to function and do it. The laundry, his vitamins/meds, the cleaning, the cooking, paying bills, scheduling and all that good stuff.

He's gonna love it.

Although I think we will probably have to get him to the point where he is able to do everything that everyone else does on his own.

In the meantime, I need more tea/lemon/honey; this is what you get when you can't take cough syrup any longer.
Yea-ness.













Comments

Popular Posts