This got me thinking

 
 
 
 
 
I think there are many times that as a parent of a kid like mine (with Autism) I get to that point.

In my younger years I would tell people that I was not for sale and buying me gifts was not the way to get me to do what they wanted. That is still true.....I am very independent most of the time. The cuter half and I understand each other and are very happy to be together....we are lucky that we are able to get the other one at such a good level. although most people might not correlate the gifting thing to getting what one wants....there is something to be said for doing things correctly...and being considerate.

I guess I started thinking about this quote- really over a couple of days- when I was thinking about recent activities here at the OK Corral. We have been extraordinarily busy the last 7-8 days. Kind of pushed to our limits is one way to put it.

One of the ways is since the boy had moved on from school things have been rather tough. We are realizing how much more we are on our own. There is so much more independence and frankly we were ready but we weren't. Kind of like the boy right now, he is ready but he isn't....new experiences are scary and we are learning to have hope like in Hope Floats (a favorite movie of ours).

Another way of being pushed is the thought of having to do more.
We keep thinking we have to push the boy more and harder because we are so strapped for time and that while on this earth we need to make certain he can do whatever it is he can do and he has to do well. Then when we get pushed by other "forces" it kind of makes us want to tell people to shove off. However we don't - we rarely appear unruffled....but yet we are still trying to figure up what the heck happened - in an oblique sort of way.

This weekend went a little weird on us. No that is a lie - the entire summer is weird- it really has done a good number on us as a family and we are re-learning how life is when certain things aren't around any more.
Since the summer began the paperwork here at the Corral has gone by the wayside. We have DONE GREAT with the paperwork for others. We have organized, located and made copies of that. Our stuff? Well it is filed, it is all over and it is kind of a mess. Reorganizing the home office so we could walk in it was a big deal. Kind of funny how that happened....I lost a paper. Not just any kind of paper but really important things that the boy needed on the first day of school. Organizing the new stuff just hasn't been an easy thing for me to do. I don't want to. I really don't want to.. At ALL. I am tired of filing, organizing, keeping track and doing things the "right" way. The cute one and I are NOT BORING and doing things the way people think we should is boring. Anyway, after tearing apart the home office - yes we really did go through it top to bottom- we found the papers. OOPS there was MORE than one. I know I have to get it organized. I have to do my file thing and my Easy Locate thing.....and I will. I really am not sure why I didn't do it before.... I had it and intended to (as my Dad would have said, " The road to hell is paved with good intentions.")

So goes the above picture - and the old verses in the Bible that instruct the parents to not aggravate their children as doing so will not help anyone in the long run "Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord." Ephesians 6:4
(Didn't think I would remember the verses did you?? I used to use this one allot- for no reason, but that I could.)
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts