Our new normal- for now

We made some gi-nourmous changes in the last week. We are selling our craft/art items out of an indoor farmers market at Hawthorn Mall and the first time I saw everything out I wanted to dance, cry and I wished deep down that I could get my Mom in the car and show her everything. Miss Bossy Pants Princess would have loved it. She would have been so please and proud that the cuter half and I hid our inherent shyness and pushed out of ourselves to try something out of our comfort zone. Mom always called my creating, whether writing or making something "my work" and she never liked to interrupt it but I always told her to anyway. 

Yeah I know - I am  not shy. Put it this way - if you firmly believe I am outgoing and very confident you really don't know me at all. I should win a goddamn Oscar for all the times I had been forced to get out of my shell and try to do things that weren't me. I was lucky to have one of my best friends force me to talk to new people -but that still means it wasn't hard for me to do so. I did it and I am glad I did but now when I have to do it at work or wherever all I do is get tired.....like bone weary tired.

Being the Mom of the boy/man like mine I am constantly pushed to my limits. Then to go to work and be pushed more physically and mentally with a job that sees me as a body to do as much work as possible but not much else.....that is pretty debilitating. Applying for jobs that aren't really in existence -well that is just cruel but I am applying anyway.


Anyway, this new store thing....it came up and like most things it isn't something we totally investigated or planned. The last few weeks we have been putting our stuff up at the store, they do the layout and they do the organizing. We have sold a couple of things and we are hopeful more will sell. Our lives are re-focused on this and we are excited.


Most people will never see our stuff so I am posting from the store a couple nights ago. 

Support your local farmers markets 


  

Comments

Popular Posts