It is fall

Yup it is fall.

Where did the year go?


2020 has not been the best of times for us. We had a TON of loss in 60 days and we are working through our time and pain and learning what we think is OK what is OK and what is not acceptable to either of us. The cute one is much more pragmatic than I am - I get easily distracted and yes I do start singing some 80's song that may get stuck in my head. 

Going with out people is the first thing we have learned this year. There are a goodly number of things that I am now finished with.....I honestly thought it could happen but I thought for certain I had a few years of dealing with Thing 1 and Thing 2 and Thing 3 and Thing 4 all the way up to Thing 10. But it hasn't worked out that way and frankly it is a bit of a relief.

The cute one and I have given ourselves 3 years to make any major decisions, We aren't buying, selling or doing anything big while both of us are grieving our serious losses and we both are exhausted. 

We had cared for Prince and Princess for about 20+ years. Then the other Princess, who would ask us to do things and make sure it was done as she wanted - well that is done now too. (no pictures sorry - ive no time to go through and find nicer ones)


We lost la Trouble as well - he was our obese, diabetic Maine coon-Tabby mix. Little did we realize that Troubs ruled this house with an iron paw. i miss him - he was my AM coffee partner. He would stick out his paw and want me to hold it while I drank my coffee in the AM. His purr sounded like a freight train and he was all Mr Personality.

Troub had the other 2 cats trained and he was all about the food. We know now why Kitten was so skinny- he is making up for lost meals now.

I wish I knew how to apply this all to Aspergers and autism but frankly I haven't got a bloody clue what to do nex or even how to do it.

Comments

Popular Posts