for the first time in 23 years

 we have one thing to do. 

In this house all of us are learning to re-evaluate what we need to do, want to do and are doing. 

The last three months have been times of devastating losses. We have lost our Moms (on both sides) and a house pet with a huge personality -like most Maine Coons he ruled this house with an iron paw.

Both of our Moms were absolutely the best people. 

My cute one's Mom loved me. She knew I was/am/always totally in love with her son and she loved me, the boy and our insane schedules and busy lives. Mom was the first person to give me a glass of wine while I was studying for the GRE and the first one to tell me I could do whatever I wanted to do.

My Mom was the one who insisted my son needed help and she was the one who went with me to gather reports and then make comments to me later. She helped me regain my confidence when I didn't know what else to do and reminded me how to decorate the Christmas tree (lights first).

We miss our 3 bigger than life personalities - all three were suns and we revolved around them accordingly.

Not all families are so lucky. We certainly were lucky with ours.


I will be missing my Mom every day.


Comments

Popular Posts